Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend Retreat







The first 2 photos are the Mandarin Oranges that I canned last week. They will make a nice addition to the pantry.

As you can see in the above photo........I was enjoying my Weekend Retreat sewing. I enjoyed sewing in my housedress most of the weekend. Rich and I had quick and easy meals throughout the weekend.

On Monday I cut out and started sewing 18 heart blocks. I belong to Quilt N Friends Yahoo Group and we give Love Quilts to members who have had losses in their families or tragedies. We were getting low in our stockpile of blocks so everyone is making as many blocks as they can to send to Karen.....who keeps the blocks until a quilt is needed......then she sews together the top and other ladies who have long arm quilters will quilt them. We also send in $$ to help out with batting, backing and postage.

No comments: