Thursday, January 08, 2009

Quilter's Poem

Antique Nine-Patch set on point.



This poem was posted on one of my Yahoo groups this evening. She said it came from the back of a Country Woman magazine.

Quilter's Poem

I can shop all day
and hardly spend a dime.
But let me in a fabric shop-----
I nearly lose my mind!
I see those lovely fabrics
so pretty and so bright
My eyes take on a glassy look
(it really is a fright).
My knees, they start to shaking,
my nose begins to twitch.
As I look at all the colors,
my fingers start to itch.
I picture Dresden Plate
done up in yellows and blue
Oh, look at that lavender
just right for Sun Bonnet Sue!
Across another aisle
It's true I almost ran
For a shade of brown I had to have
to make for Overall Dan.
Drunkard's Path or Ohio Star
pieced in that real bright red
Would be absolutely beautiful
covering my bed
I gasp, I pant, I simply
lose all sense of time
As I pick out all the colors
that I have to have as mine!
I hurry home, my purchases
clutched tight beneath my arm,
Dreaming of the quilts
I'll makeand how they'll keep us warm.
Housework gets forgotten
butI have no pangs of guilt
As I start cutting and a-piecing,
`cause I'm going to make a quilt!
Beverly Page

No comments: