Saturday, January 10, 2009

Price of Groceries

Yesterday was my bi-monthly grocery shopping trip. I carefully planned my menu for the next 2 weeks and prepared my shopping list. Yes...........you guessed it!!!!!!!!! I left it sitting on the counter instead of putting it in my purse when I finished writing it. I didn't want to go back home (30 miles one way) and get it so I tried to remember everything on the list. When I got home I discovered that I had forgot fresh potatoes. Oh, well.........we have instant potatoes and frozen hashbrowns.

I almost fainted in the store when I looked at the price of canned tuna........we're talking about the little cans of ordinary tuna packed in water. The last time I shopped it was 65 cents a can for Chicken of the Sea.......I refuse to buy Western Family Tuna as it is a product of Vietnam........yesterday Chicken of the Sea was 88 cents on sale. The other brands were 98 cents a can. I wouldn't mind paying the higher price if you got a can of tuna. When I drain off the juices I usually end up with about 1/3 tuna and 2/3rds empty can. I told the checker if tuna went up anymore I would have to start eating Misty's cat food.........actually it looks better than the tuna I have been buying.

Tuna is the lastest grocery item that I have noticed that has really increased in price lately. Pasta products are pretty expensive too!!!!!!!!!! I normally buy pasta products at the wholesale store in 10 pound boxes. I haven't had a chance to get to the wholesale store.........I had to buy spaghetti and elbow macaroni yesterday. I guess you know that I only bought 1 pound of spaghetti and 2 pounds of macaroni.

I better get off my soapbox and finish putting away the groceries that I bought yesterday.

No comments: