Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Found a Butterfly Block!

After months of looking for a butterfly quilt block pattern I have found one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted one that was pieced and not appliqued. I can applique but not good enough in my opinion to give to someone in an exchange. I'm going to use White on White fabric instead of the black. So far, everyone that has posted in the forum has used white for the background for the butterfly. I haven't decided what color to make the block. The lady that choose butterflies for her blocks told us that it didn't matter what size, pattern or color we made her blocks. I'm leaning toward a blue and yellow..............or green and yellow...............or orange and yellow.................rats too many color combinations that would be pretty. Guess I'll have to make a butterfly quilt and use a rainbow of colors. I think that if I make one I will use black as the background..........its so dramatic looking.

No comments: