Thursday, February 26, 2009

Recipe of the Week



NOTE: Recipe of the Week will returning to Wolf Spirits. I've decided to only post my Meals on Deals on my other blog........Stretching Your Food Dollars! Sorry for any problems this might have caused anyone.

SOFT ROLLED SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup soft margarine
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir flour with baking powder and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Divide in half. Cover; chill 1 hour. On lightly floured surface roll each half to 1/8-inch. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!!!! Makes 13 dozen cookies.

When I'm in a hurry I roll dough into walnut size balls and place on cookie sheet. I take a decorative glass and press dough into circle about 1/8-inch thick. Then I sprinkle with plain or colored sugar and bake as directed. You don't get as many cookies as you do when you roll dough out.

See you on Monday......this will be the regular day for Recipe of the Week!!!

No comments: