Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Update on Clue 1 of Mystery Quilt

I have all the Dark Yellow and Indigo pieces cut for all 120 blocks. I have about 75 of the Neutral pieces cut. Curiosity got the better of me and I just had to sew one of the blocks together. The block was not cooperating in the photo.......it does lay flat and it is 3 1/2-inch square.

As you can see it takes a rotary cutter, mat and 3 different rulers to cut the pieces. Overkill in the ruler department........not really. Each ruler has a function. I use a 2x18-inch Draft N Cut ruler, 6 1/2-inch Easy Angle ruler and 6 1/2-inch Easy Square, Jr. I never used rulers like this until I found Bonnie Hunter's site and started using her patterns. The rulers make it so much easier cutting the pieces.

Now that my curiosity is satisfied.........I need to finish up housework that I've put off today so I could play with my stash.

No comments: