Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Anxiously Awaiting First Clue

The above photo was found on a quilt blog. I thought it was quite unique.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first clue for Bonnie Hunter's New Year's Eve Mystery Quilt. I have my fabrics picked out, pressed and ready to cut. Now I have to finish moving my sewing machine and getting everything arranged again. I don't know why I decided to move my sewing machine in the first place. I loved it where it was at and I had everything within reach that I needed.......rulers, rotary cutter, scissors, cutting mat, threads, fabric sorted by colors, ect.

Not only is Bonnie Hunter.....www.quiltville.com having a Mystery Quilt for New Year's. Planet Patchwork.....www.planetpatchwork.com is having one starting at 11am EST and ending at 5pm EST. There is also going to be a Mystery Quilt at About.com:Quilting starting at 8am EST. From the fabric listed it will be a wallhanging.

I will save the clues from both of these sites for another day. One of the ladies on a quilt group I belong to said that she will be doing 3 Mystery Quilts on New Year's Day. I don't think it would be a lot of fun trying to do 3 projects of this magnitude at one time. I would rather save 2 of the projects for another day.

Mystery Quilts can become additive I have found. I have finished 2 and will be starting my third as soon as Bonnie posts the first clue.

1 comment:

SubeeSews said...

I am waiting for the first clue too. I bounded out of bed and turned the computer on...will have to keep checking.
WOW! Your Misty is a sister to my Pearl. There is a bit of a story about how I got Pearl. I had a cat named Phoebe who was a Persian/Siamese accident...breeder was quite upset...she was a Lynx Point. She was such a special kitty...she lived 18 years with us. Her death still hurts my hubby and I. Anyway...I found a breeder on the internet who bred Lynx Points. I put a deposit on Pearl BEFORE she was born. Now here is the erie part. She was born on the same day as my long lost Phoebe! (Feb26th) And she acts like Phoebe too. Real easy going...does upside down...talks to me. I feel that Phoebe's spirit is in Pearl. Love that moon/kitty picture.
Subee XOXOXOXOXOXOXXO