Monday, July 16, 2007

Blackberry Jelly

This is my Blackberry Jelly that I made after dinner this evening. I made the jelly out of juice I had frozen last year. After picking the berries last year I ran them thru my juicer and froze the juice in pint containers. I'm running out of room in the freezer so I think I'll can my juice in quart jars this year.

Oh............did I say the blackberries are starting to ripen!!!!!!! I'm sure Dad and Mae will be calling me about picking berries as soon as they get back from fishing. They went to Groober Resevoir in Eastern Oregon last Friday. They had heard that there was 1 - 1 1/2 pound crappies in the resevoir..........so they loaded up the motorhome and boat and took off. I asked Dad when they'd be home............he told me Sunday, Monday or sometime this week.

No comments: