Monday, March 02, 2009

March........already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Seems like March has arrived before I knew it! Soon it will be time to plant potatoes......according to my Irish heritage!!!!!! March is also time to celebrate St. Patty's Day. But the most important happening to me in the month of March is my sister, Bobbie's birthday on March 18th.

Some of you know that I was an only child until I was almost 12 years old. I was shocked to say the least when my mother told me that I was going to be getting a little brother or sister in March. I had always wanted a sibling or two. I was so envious when my friends would talk about their brothers and sisters. I never thought I would ever get a brother or sister of my own.

We was living in Fort Dick, CA just outside Crescent City, CA at the time that Bobbie was born. She was born at the hospital in Crescent City. The hospital sat right next to the Pacific Ocean. I could see the seals playing in the ocean from the waiting room. Bobbie was born on March 18th and we got to bring her and Mom home 2 days before the 1964 Tidal Wave hit Crescent City. Several floors of the hospital was flooded. The maternity ward and nursery were located in the basement and they ended up totally under the water.

Bobbie was a good baby......she only cryed when she was hungry, thirsty, sleepy, wet or messy diapers or when she wanted attention. After a while I was beginning to think that maybe we should take her back and bring home one of the seals..........after all they were cute and didn't seem to require too much care.

Finally I got used to not being the center of attention and I started helping with Bobbie's daily care........giving her a bath was a lot of fun......not sure who had more water on them.......Bobbie or me!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to believe that my little sister is all grown up with a family of her own. She and Mike celebrated their 25th anniversary last year and they have a beautiful daughter who is in college.

Bobbie, is one of my best friends and I love her dearly. I wish that we lived closer so we could get together more often. We both love photography, cooking, sewing, scrapbooking, flowers and all kinds of crafts.

Well, I better get going and finish my list of seeds and plants for the garden that I have been working on this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although my sister was much closer in age to me than yours was to you, I feel the same way about her. There's just nothing like a sister bond. Happy Birthday to her!