Saturday, March 21, 2009

Request From The Rainbow Bridge




I found this poem today and thought it might be a comfort to my friend, Gina at CaT Paw inN PriMiTiveS that lost her beloved.....Otto Biscuit. My friend, may you find comfort when you read this poem.


REQUEST FROM THE RAINBOW BRIDGE

Weep not for me though I am gone,
Into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long,
Upon my soul's sweet flight.

I am at peace, my soul's at rest,
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed
For all those many years.

There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.

Remember not my fight for breath,
Remember not the strife,
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

Author Constance Jenkins

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Thank you so much Shirley for this wonderful poem..I am going to print it up and keep it always..this was what we wanted to do was to celebrate his life instead of his death...you don't know how much this means to me..through tears and all..you are wonderful..thank you!!!:)
p.s. I still haven't forgetten about your little something..I have a million somethings..and am trying to get to them...so be patient...:)