Sunday, March 08, 2009

Fibromyalgia and Me



Most of you know that I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in February 2005. At first there was a lot of days that I could hardly function. Getting out of bed was even hard at times. I've learned over the years to pace myself so I can accomplish most of my housecleaning, cooking, shopping, etc.

Saturday morning I didn't pace myself and since around noon yesterday I have been paying the price. I had to go to bed around noon yesterday and slept until almost 4pm. When I got up I felt as if a semi-truck had ran over me and then backed up and ran over me again. I could barely move......every inch of my body was in pain. I ended up going back to bed around 5:30pm and spent a very painful night of tossing and turning, moaning and groaning. Poor Rich, I don't know how he got any rest last night.

This morning I tried to get ready to attend church services. I ended up sitting on the side of the bed in tears because I hurt so bad. Rich tried to give me a comforting hug this morning........I screamed out in pain......even him touching my skin today is painful.

I've spent most of the day in bed resting. I just got up a little while ago and thought I would check my emails and post on my blog. Just sitting here in the computer chair is painful for me today.

You are probably wondering what I did yesterday morning to cause all my discomfort. I moved a few books, dusted the headboard of our bed and helped Rich change the sheets on the bed. Rich did most of the heavy cleaning in our bedroom yesterday. I did not feel that I was doing too much until the pain began.

I would not wish Fibromyalgia on my worst enemy!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Shirley,

Believe me, having suffered with fibro for more than 20 years, I totally relate!!

--caroline