Wednesday, November 18, 2009

23 Pound Turkey!



Yep.....they had them turkeys on sale when I bought $50 worth of groceries. I only had to pay 23 cents per pound. Great Bargain!!!!!!!!

Today I cut up the turkey. I saved the whole breast, 1 leg and 1 thigh for our T-day dinner. I'm not sure if Dad and Mae are coming for dinner or not! I tossed the rest of the turkey into my huge stockpot and simmered it with salt, pepper and an onion. The whole house smells like turkey!

Now I have over 2 gallons of turkey stock and a huge bowl of turkey meat that I picked off the bones. Since my freezer is almost full I will can the broth and turkey tomorrow. I can use it later for casseroles, turkey and dumplings or turkey soup.

Maybe next time I should pick a smaller turkey! NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: