Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pioneer Days - August 25, 2007

Antique Car
Antique Car
Shirley refilling water bottles!! Too cheap to pay $2 for a bottle of water!!


Rich - I love the way is hair and goatee are growing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Rich eating his Chili Dog for lunch.

1957 Ford Thunderbird
Riders from the South Umpqua Rodeo
The Shriners
Shriner's Mascot
My favorite - John Deere Tractors

Boy Scout Honor Guard leading the parade!!!!! I'll never learn how to upload these photos in the order I want them.
1958 Ford Fire Truck
Float carrying the Pioneers of Canyonville
South Umpqua High School Cheerleading Squad doing their routine.
This is one of the residents of Canyonville. This is his everyday attire. I spoke with him at the park after the parade. I asked him how is was today? He told me that he was standing up so he was doing great. We talked about the parade a little and he went on his way.
This was the 41st annual Canyonville Pioneer Days Parade and Celebration. Next year they will be celebrating 150 years since Canyonville was founded. Canyonville is the third oldest town in Oregon.
Rich and I had so much fun watching the parade. I do get a little irritated with the lack of manners of some of the parade watchers. It is so disrespectful when our flag goes by to see people wearing their hats. Another thing that bugs me is people walking or standing in front of you when you are taking photos. Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After watching the parade we took our chairs back to the van and went to the City Park. There was all kinds of boothes set up. We looked at each and every one of them. I was able to purchase some marbles for Mae. She collects them. I found some pretty ones. We met some members of The River.......it's a Foursquare Church in Tri-City. They invited us to attend Sunday services. Rich and I really liked them...........we'll check them out. We've been looking for another church to attend. The one we go to has the music so loud it really bothers me. I go home with a earache every time. I'm deaf in the right ear and the left one is sensitive to sounds.
After walking around looking at all the boothes Rich decided it was lunch time. We bought Chili Dogs at one of the vendors. We found a picnic bench and enjoyed our lunch.
After eating we walked across the street to a yard sale. They have it every year. I found a Ronald McDonald figure and Winnie the Pooh figure for 10 cents each. Then I found a Chinese Cookie Tin for 25 cents. Rich found a Odie Pez dispenser for 50 cents to add to his Garfield collection. Total spent: 95 cents. Last of the big spenders!!!!!!!!!!!
We took off for home through the backroads. It was beautiful along the Umpqua River between Canyonville and Riddle.
We arrived back home and Misty let us know that we had been gone too long. She was very vocal as she is part Siamese. A treat of canned tuna made her happy.
In two weeks we are going to the Cranberry Festival in Bandon, OR. Will post about our adventures.


No comments: