Friday, February 11, 2011

Hexagon Jewel Quilt





As promised...photos of my Hexagon Jewel Quilt that I've been sewing when I have a few moments. It is done using the English paper piecing method. Where you see the white running stitches in the hexagon....that will be removed. Each diamond in the quilt is a different pattern...no two alike! I have finished about 3/4 of the quilt top....1/4 to go!

I was going to surround the diamonds with green....Rich suggested that I use black...and it really makes the diamonds pop!!!!! When the quilt is completed it will be Rich's quilt!

2 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Shirley I have never seen a quilt like this and it is BEE-U-TIFUL..Tell Rich he has a great eye,.the colors do pop and look so rich.;) thanks for sharing.;)

Bobbie said...

Very pretty! Looks like a lot of work!