Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions



I don't usually make resolutions because by day 2 I've already thrown them aside. It has came to light that I have a lot of UFO's in my craft area! For those none crafters........UFO's are Unfinished Objects.......such as wallhangings, quilts, clothes, Christmas ornaments........well you get the picture.

So, I'm going out on a limb and making a resolution not to start anymore projects until I finish some of my UFO's.

I belong to Quilter's Forum and they are starting a Dear Jane Quilt that will last until March 2011....the above photo is the original Dear Jane quilt made by Jane Stickle in the 1860's. I thought about it long and hard......and I decided that it really wasn't something that I needed to do right now. I have so many other projects that need to be finished before I commit myself to a huge project like the Dear Jane Quilt. Those blocks are 4-inches when sewn into the quilt......so you can imagine how time consuming they will be.

So, starting tomorrow or maybe the next day I WILL start tackling all my UFO's!

Maybe you could say a prayer for me.....I'll sure need several to keep this resolution!

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

you and me both..I have projects that I just need to get started..:)best of luck to the both of us..:)