Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Holidays



I'm still decorating for Fall and Hallween and the stores are displaying Christmas Goodies. Can't I enjoy one holiday at a time???????? It seems that the stores have forgotten there is other holidays in the last part of the year besides Christmas. I understand that they are concerned about earning their millions of dollars that consumers will spend on Christmas. Christmas season can be make or break for some businesses. I just want to focus on one holiday at a time.......starting with Fall. I enjoy my fall colors and items. I start decorating in early September with fall items and colors and then add Halloween items through October. Starting in November I remove the Halloween items I have added and replace them with Thanksgiving items. After Thanksgiving I put away the Fall items and start decorating for Christmas. I enjoy my Christmas decorations until mid-January and then I decorate for Winter. I want to be able to enjoy each and every holiday and season without feeling pressured to hurry along for the holiday that is 3 months away.

I can remember when I was a child that you would never see a Christmas item in the store until the day after Thanksgiving. Then Mom and I would go to town to see all the beautiful Christmas decorations that were displayed in the stores. Now from about the time school starts you start seeing Christmas items being offered in the stores. Call me old-fashioned but I don't like it one little bit.

Yes, some might thing I'm being a hypocrite about this subject because I have started posting Christmas Goodie recipes on my blog already. The reason I am doing this is because I know that in todays times we have to plan ahead for buying the extra ingredients for our recipes. Also this gives us a chance to try out new recipes before making them for our families and gifts.

No comments: