Saturday, May 23, 2009
Finished Stitching my First Redwork
I'm so excited!!!!!!!! I just couldn't put it down once I started stitching. I love how it turned out. I have never tried to tea stain anything before......it was actually easy and a lot of fun. I first made a strong solution and soaked my stitchery in it for a while. I took it out and didn't like the effect. So I made a stronger solution of tea and brushed it on in spots with my finger. Then I hung it to dry. I think next time I might let it dry flat and see how it turns out.
I haven't decided how to finish it off. Hubby wants it left as is.....I want to either frame it or make into a pillow. Maybe I'll stitch another and do it both ways.
Off to find another pattern and start stitching. Oh, darn!!!!!!!! I can't do that until I get the garden work done for today.