Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sharing

Yes, I know when we took our vows that we were to share everything with each other. I really wish that Rich hadn't shared his summer cold with me. It knocked me on my butt. I spent most of the holiday weekend in bed sick. Poor Dad came by yesterday and I wouldn't even let him in the house. I don't want him or Mae to get this icky at their age. Dad said he call and check on me later and if I needed anything to let him know. Typical Dad.

Yesterday I had Rich stop at the store after work and pick up some soup and 7-up. After eating some Beef Vegetable Soup I made me a Toddy. I took a can of 7-up and put about 2 fingers of Jack Daniels in it and sipped it until it was gone. I hardly ever have a drink anymore. I have had that pint of Jack Daniels in the cupboard for 8 years and its still almost full. Rich doesn't drink at all and I just use it for a Toddy when nothing else seems to work.

Anyway, after eating I sat down on the couch and covered up with my Wolfie blanket.........between the warmth of my Wolfie blanket and the Jack Daniels I went to sleep. After a while Rich woke me up and guided me to bed. He had changed the sheets and it felt so good crawling between the clean sheets. I went right back to sleep. I woke up around 9pm and felt human again. I think I'm going to survive this after all.

The photo is Rich and Misty. Misty is not allowed outside by herself. She either has to be held or on a leash. There is just too many nasty things that can hurt her in our neighborhood. We have huge hawks and turkey buzzards that circle above our home all the time. They could swoop down and pick her up. We also have bear, deer, cougar, fox, dogs and not so nice people that could hurt her.

No comments: