Friday, September 22, 2006

Autumn



It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is the first day of Autumn. Where did the summer go?????????

The little scarecrow is a paper piecing I did for a swap a couple of years ago. I thought maybe some of my scrapping friends might like to make one to use on Autumn layouts.

I've continued being busy with food preserving. I'm trying to make sauerkraut this year. So far it's looking good. Rich loved sauerkraut while stationed in Germany. He doesn't like the sauerkraut in cans or plastic bags from the store. He says they are too salty. So I found a German recipe for making sauerkraut. The difference is that the German recipe calls for sugar to be added with the salt and water. All the other recipes just call for salt and water. We'll know in a few weeks if it turns out or not.

Off to make out my menu for the next couple weeks and then grocery list for shopping tomorrow. Rich and I like to get early on the Saturdays we grocery shop.............we're talking being at the grocery store by 6am. It is so nice and quiet at that time of the morning. You don't have the people that think going to the grocery store means blocking the whole isle while they tell everyone about their aches and pains. Believe me I've ran into this more than once.........and it really annoys me.

2 comments:

Cami said...

cute paper piecing :)
Great job!

Tanya said...

Yum... the sauerkraut sounds great. Hope it turns out well! And I like going to the grocery store early, too. Makes it *much* more enjoyable.