Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

It is a beautiful day here in Southern Oregon. The sun has been shining all day. I was able to work in my raised bed garden today. I've got part of it almost ready for planting. I hope to finish getting it ready by weekend.

I also worked on getting my strawberry bed ready today. Hopefully by this weekend I will be able to plant the strawberry plants. Rich's friend said he was giving us 3 or 4 plants.........more like 12. That's okay! We both love strawberries. Rich especially likes Strawberry Shortcake with plenty of Cool Whip. I also want to try making some Sugar-Free Jam.

Speaking of sugar-free. I had to visit the Doctor's office today to get some of my medicines changed. I lost 3 1/2 pounds since last week. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

I've really been trying to prepare not only low-carb but lower fat meals. Being a lacto-ovo-vegetarian I tend to consume more dairy products than I should. Cheddar Cheese is one of my problem areas. I should probably eat the low-fat or fat-free cheese......but the price is unbelievable. I gleaned a recipe from Bobbie for defatting cheese...............maybe I'll try that if I can find the recipe.

Off to find that recipe.

"May the spirit of the wolf watch over you and keep you safe."

No comments: