Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August Doll Quilt Swap

"Mardi Gras"
Raggedy Ann and Andy

The "Mardi Gras" doll quilt I made for my partner, Linda in North Carolina. She told me that she had a doll room decorated in yellow and purple. It was fun shopping for the outside border. I wanted something that would go with the yellow and purple Nine-Patches in the center. I almost gave up....until I found this Mardi Gras looking fabric. When I showed Rich he asked how much of it did I buy? I told him only 1/2 yard. He told me I should have bought more so I could sew him a scrub top out of it. I'll have to check and see if they have any left next time I go shopping. I knew I should have bought more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Raggedy Ann and Andy quilt is the one my partner, Linda made for me. The pinwheels are 3-D and the center is embroidery. I will be hanging it next to a red shelf that has a Primitive Raggedy Annie and mini teapots.

Looking forward to next month's Doll Quilt Swap.

No comments: