Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Early Morning Visitor





As I've posted before we have all kinds of critters visiting our country home. This morning Rich went out to put his lunch in the car and was greeted by a Billy Goat. It seems he had broke his tether and decided to visit around the neighborhood. He was very friendly and wanted attention. We knew there was a Billy Goat down the street that was usually tethered in the front yard. So we tied up Billy Goat and Rich was going to see if the people were up yet......remember it's only 5am. Rich was going to call me and let me know what he found out. Rich called and it wasn't their goat....he was still in the front yard.

So I called Animal Control......the dispatcher said she would have a Sheriff's Deputy call me when they had time. A Deputy called and asked me questions about the Billy Goat. I told him that we had him tied up to our porch...we were afraid some of the dogs in the neighborhood would attack him. He told me that South County wouldn't arrive until 7am and he would relay the situation on to them. They would contact me.

UPDATE: I just went out to check on Mr. Billy Goat and he was gone. Seems he got loose and took off. Hopefully he went back home!

Awwwwwww........the joys of living in the country!

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

well now that was unusual..what a cute goat though..I do hope he found his way home;)