Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Birthday Times



Last week was my birthday! Rich took a week's vacation and we spent it celebrating my birthday. We went out to Marla Kaye's cafe in Canyonville, OR. It is our favorite place to eat.....the home cooking is the best in the West. We spent some time visiting Wildlife Safari in Winston, OR. We love going there to see all the animals roaming the countryside. We have season passes that we buy for our anniversary each year. Wildlife Safari opened the year Rich and I married. We took advantage of several coupons I had received by email for my birthday.

On Saturday we went to Medford, OR. My sister, Bobbie was having an estate sale to try and sell some of the items from Dad's estate. I took in some items that was in the storage shed. It rained most of the day...but we did sell some things. Rich went to have lunch with his Dad and Step-Mom and I went shopping. I visited Michael's and spent a gift card I had received for my birthday. I bought some scrapbook paper, rick-rack, a Martha Steward embossing punch and a set of elegant clear alphabet stamps. I then went to Joann's and purchased some fabric for a baby quilt I'm making as a gift. I also bought some muslin to make some primitive redwork wall hangings.

I also visited Supercuts and had my hair cut. I love it and so does Rich. It is so easy to take care of now.....just wash and fluff with a towel. My kind of hairstyle.

Rich and I also spent a lot of time during the week just sitting and talking. We also did some reading.

I loved my birthday week.

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday week..we have the olympic game farm here in Sequim and you can feed the wildlife bread..it is so much fun..haven't been in a long time..love your new wash and wear do..I will be revealing mine tomorrow along with my new glasses..;) have a great evening.;)