Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sharing Recipes



I thought I would start sharing some of my favorite recipes. I'll try to share at least 1 or 2 recipes per week, depending on how busy I am during that week. This week I will be sharing a cookie recipe that I made every year for my Christmas Goodie Baskets that I make for family and friends.

SNICKERDOODLES

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 cups sifted flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sugar Mixture:
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together shortening, sugar and eggs thoroughly. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Stir into shortening mixture. Roll into balls the size of walnuts. Roll in Sugar Mixture. Place about 2-inches apart on an ungreased pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown but still soft. Makes 5 dozen 2-inch cookies.

Note: Cookies will puff up while baking and then fall when cooling. This is normal.

No comments: