Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Fall is in the Air



The cute little one is in the photo is my niece, Claire. She is about 15 months old. She is so sweet and I can hardly wait to see her.

This morning it sure did feel like Fall is upon us. When I took Rich to work this morning it was a cool 42 degrees here is Southwestern Oregon. It was a quick reminder that we need to get the van heater repaired. It is supposed to be 80 degrees this afternoon.

Yesterday morning the furnace kicked on for the first time this year. Misty (our cat) came running into the bedroom and insisted on Rich getting up. She had smelled the furnace and was warning us that something wasn't right in her home. We praised her for waking us up!

Dad and Mae are traveling again this year. They arrived at my Aunt Velma's home in Siloam Springs, Arkansas yesterday afternoon. I don't know exactly where they will be going next. With them.......you never know.

We hope to get away to the Oregon coast soon. It's been a long time since we have had a chance to go to Gold Beach. We love seeing the area and especially the Jetty Cats. The Jetty Cats are well taken care of by several volunteers. They built houses for them and feed them daily. They take donations to provide veterinary care for all the cats. If they can be tamed they find forever homes for them.

We love to go down to the beach just outside Gold Beach toward Pistol River. We walk along the shore and sit and enjoy all the sights that Mother Nature has to offer. I love to find rocks, shells and driftwood. I'm hoping to find some driftwood to make Icicle Santas and Snowmen. Hopefully I'll be able to find some pieces and will post if I get some finished. Rich is always cringing when he sees me dragging home driftwood, rocks, shells, etc from our trips. Although, he did say the driftwood was pretty out in the garden area.

Well, I better get busy as I have to run into town and do some errands.

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

have a wonderful time..:)