Saturday, June 27, 2009

Families



Photo is my Mother and Dad taken in December, 1951......the year they were married.

Yesterday I was reading one of my favorite blogs. The lady that owns the blog was showing how she was able to buy 80 boxes of Pasta Salad for less than $5. She went on to say that all the boxes of pasta was not for herself.....they would be distributed to 7 other family members giving each family 10 boxes.

A lady committed on her blog and told her that she was very rude to purchase that many boxes. She said that she should just purchase enough boxes for her own self. Most of the other ladies that commented didn't find it a problem about the amount she purchased.

It really bothers me that in our day and age.....there are a lot of people who are so self-centered that they think of no one but themselves. They don't think of others.....even their families. What happened to families helping each other....in the past multiple generations lived in the same home. They pooled their resources and took care of each other. When a family member was sick......all pitched in to help take care of them and see that everything was done around the home. It saddens me that this way of life has been pushed to the way side.

My Dad will be 77 years old this August. I try to make sure that he is taken care of when he is sick......he won't admit often to needing help. I find things on sale that I know he likes and I pick them up for him. I take over baked items and other foods to him when I have a chance. I love my Dad and want to see his golden years happy for him......not struggling to survive. If that means eventually moving into my home.....that is what will happen.

I feel sorry for the people that do not have families that care what happens to them.

I will climb down off my soapbox now.

1 comment:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

why do people care about this..was it hurting this person in any way shape or form? probably not..but they are the sad miserable people that are not happy unless they are complaining...my little sister got like 60 tuna pouches or more for less then 5 bucks at her albertsons..she tells me how she does it..but I just don't get it...amazing..and I say you go girlfriend..:) have a great rest of your weekend..:)