Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Can't Believe I Won!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I won a $30 gift certificate at Quilt Blocks 101. I received a email from them this morning saying my name had been drawn for their September Drawing.

I've been working on my quilting lately quite a bit. I just finished cutting out 80 - 5" blocks for my Sunshine Block Swap. This is my first time participating in the swap. In the swap you send 5 - 5" blocks to each lady. When you receive the 5" blocks from each lady you sew on a 2 1/2" border and send 4 of the finished blocks back to their owner and you get to keep 1 finished block. You will receive 56 finished blocks back with your 5" block center and you will have 14 blocks of the other ladie's blocks for a total of 70 quilt blocks. Is that clear as mud????????

I have preordered a quilt kit that will be shipped in the spring. This is the first time I have ordered a kit. So I don't know if I'm going to like doing a kit or not. All the fabric in the kit has flamingos on it. The kit makes up into a 44 x 48" quilt. I'm going to use it as a wallhanging in our jungle-themed bedroom. I really wanted to order enough fabric to make a queen-size quilt.........it added up to about $90. I didn't feel like committing to that amount when I'm still not able to work. If I was working I wouldn't have hesitated to pre-order the fabric.

Well, I'm off to drool over everything that I might buy with my gift certificate. Wooo Hooo!!!!

No comments: