Monday, May 02, 2011

April Doll Quilt Swap


I've been having so much fun making doll quilts for a monthly swap on Quilter's Forum. This is my second month and I've joined up for May's swap.

I made a Disappearing Nine-Patch doll quilt for my partner, JoAnn. JoAnn lives in Georgia. She told me that the tornadoes had hit about 10 miles north of her area. She had wrote me and told me that she loved pastels and brights...so I tried to incorporate those colors in her quilt.

I received a beautiful doll quilt from JoAnn....she called it
Disappearing Violets". I love it and its proudly hanging on my hallway wall where I have several small quilts displayed!

I'm not sure what I'll come up with for my partner, Chele for May. She likes scrappy quilts, bright colors, novelty prints, batiks and polka dots. Ummm.......I'll come up with something. That is what is fun about swapping....it gets you to thinking about different themes, colors, etc.

No comments: