Sunday, January 14, 2007

Middle of January Already


I can't believe it's the 14th of January already. Where has this month gone?? I have been busy sewing and crocheting since Christmas. I have 4 more quilt blocks to sew together for a king-size quilt I am making. It is done in a 9-patch block pattern. This was a pattern that my Grandma Shaw loved to use when she made quilts. It contains 72 12-inch blocks. I have hand-sewn all the blocks. When I get the other 4 done I will then lay them out on the floor to make sure I don't get 2 similar blocks next to each other. That should be lots of fun with Misty helping me arrange the blocks. I will post photos of this stage of my quilt. After I get the rows laid out I will stitch them together to complete the quilt top. Then I will have to get the quilt frame that was my Grandmas. I have it stored in Bobbie's attic. I decided to store it there so Bobbie could use it also.

I have been crocheting a lot too since Christmas. I joined snowflakes88, a Yahoo Group. This year each month we get 8 patterns to crochet Snowflakes. So, I've been making snowflakes in between quilting. I also have been doing a CAL (crochet along) project with the group. It was a mystery until the 3rd set of directions. We are making a hat and scarf set. Mine is Fire Engine Red. I'm almost finished with the hat and then need to crochet the scarf.

If that isn't enough crochet projects I started a Lone Wolf filet crochet wallhanging. It's going to take a while to finish it. I can't wait. I want to mount it on black or midnight blue velvet when it is finished. It will go nice in my livingroom that is done in Native American and Wildlife.

Hope that everybody had a wonderful holiday. I know Rich and I had a wonderful holiday.

Shirley

2 comments:

Tanya said...

It's good to hear from you, Shirley! Sounds like your new year is off to a busy start!

Cami said...

Hi Shirley, it is good to hear what you have been up to. Sounds like lots of great stuff! Can't wait to see some pics :)
I've always wished I could crochet or knit or quilt...too many things to want to do in life and just not enough time.
I hope you've got your computer issues worked out.
Take care! Cami