Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Soft Rolled Sugar Cookies

Last night I started making my Christmas Cookies. In past years I have baked approximately 100 dozen cookies. This year I won't be baking as many. I love this recipe for Soft Rolled Sugar Cookies. The cookies are soft instead of crunchy. In fact, I think Rich ate about a dozen of them last night. I just can't seem to keep him out of the cookies...he loves them fresh from the oven. I'd love to share my recipe with you.

SOFT ROLLED SUGAR COOKIES

1 cup soft margarine
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir flour with baking powder and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Divide in half. Cover; chill 1 hour. On lightly floured surface roll each half to 1/8th-inch. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE!! Makes 13 dozen cookies.

Instead of cutting out cookies I roll into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. I take a glass and dip into sugar and press the cookies into rounds. I then sprinkle on colored sugar and bake as directed. Makes about 5 - 5 1/2 dozen cookies.

I hope that you will try my sugar cookie recipe and enjoy them. I will be sharing more recipes during the month.

Happy Baking, Shirley

2 comments:

Cami said...

They look delish-E-o-so!!! I absolutely adore soft sugar cookies, I could eat a million! maybe, I will try your recipe......I'm not much of a baker so it takes alot of motivation but I wanna see if I can do it without screwing
it up ;-)
lol....
Hope you HOliday Season is Merry and Bright!

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness, those look sooo good! I'm not much of a sweets eater but I definitely have a soft spot for soft sugar cookies!