Friday, January 27, 2006

Update on my knee injury

I've been off work since December 21st with my knee. I ended up having an MRI and they discovered that I have a torn medial miniscus. I just went to the orthopedic doctor and he decided to give me an cortisone injection in my knee to see if we could prevent surgery. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!! I'm diabetic and I had a reaction to the injection. My blood sugar elevated to over 200. It's usually never over 120 - 130 after I eat.

Today is the 3rd day after the injection and my blood sugar is starting to lower. Now that I know what caused it............I'm not so scared or worried about my blood sugar levels.

I talked it over with Rich and he agrees that I don't want to have another injection. My knee feels a little better........but not much. If I'm up on it standing or walking for more than an hour it starts swelling and hurting.

I go to the rhuemotogist next week. They think that I have arthritis in both my knees. Will update about it later.

No comments: